The Great Pumpkin Throw Quilt
Welcome fall with this sweet pumpkin quilt made with simple scrappy piecing. The oversized throw is made from a layer cake so most of your cutting is done for you, meaning you can get sewing faster and finish up in time for your favorite Halloween movie marathon!
Use Halloween fabric for a spookier feel or try it out in batiks or solids for a different look.
Check out the blog post about The Great Pumpkin Quilt for tips, tricks, and a lot of inspiration from mockups featuring 10 amazing 2023 fall & Halloween fabric lines!
Finished size: 71 inches x 71 inches
- 24 Orange 10” Squares
- 10 Contrasting 10” Squares for Stem & Stars
- 1 5/8 yards Background Fabric (includes inner border)
- 1 3/8 yards Border Fabric
- 4 1/2 yards for Backing or 2 1/4 yards of 108”
- 5/8 yard for Binding (8 – 2.5″ strips)